How To Apply
- Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top applicants will be invited to complete an application and provide three professional references.
- Two to three applicants will be selected for an interview, with a final decision made as soon as possible after this step is complete.
Position Summary and Objective
Coalfield Development is looking for an individual with strong organizational skills who can support others to reach their goals and objectives more efficiently. The individual must be able to put plans and solutions into action, to effectively support the operational needs of other team members. The Operations Coordinator will execute plans and tasks that maintain steady day to day functions of the entire organization. Experience managing multiple workflows simultaneously, across a variety of industries, will contribute to your ability to add the most value across all teams.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Fleet management – we own a small fleet of vehicles which are critical to support our mission. Drivers need support to maintain, inspect, repair, and replace them frequently.
- Supply management – we operate varying sizes of offices across our service area, each with unique needs. Assessing resource needs and supporting team members by replenishing their necessary supplies is a critical need.
- Computer Equipment – we deploy an array of technology solutions to support the work of our teams. Supporting the fulfillment of technology resources is a constant need.
- Process support – our work overlaps several uniquely designed teams; however we all follow standard core processes in order to fulfill our resource needs. Supporting team members to follow processes more efficiently and effectively for procurement, purchasing, asset tracking, and analyzing viable resource solutions – are all examples of process support functions.
- Safety Equipment – we operate enterprises in several different industry types. Our Development Team guides the training to support each type. As an ongoing effort our Operations Team ensures necessary safety equipment and PPE are available to our Crews as needed.
- Mission support – our mission is integrated into everything we do. Supporting the resource needs of our Crew Leaders is a top priority, so they can lead their program responsibilities more smoothly.
Competency – knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Possess the ability to clearly communicate 1:1 and in groups.
- Exhibiting a kind, professional demeanor and attitude. Must be patient and compassionate with people and issues encountered in challenging socio-economic environments. Must understand and adopt Coalfield’s theory of change and value system.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with multiple projects, locations, businesses and collaborative partners.
- A willingness to learn, an ability to problem-solve and work independently are crucial.
- Proficient with computers, mobile devices, presentation equipment/projectors, email, Microsoft Office, Google applications and standard office equipment (phone, copier/printer, scanners, etc.).
- Ability to teach or instruct others how to use necessary equipment and resources.
Work Location and Hours of Work
Coalfield’s offices are currently located in Wayne, Morgantown, Huntington, and Charleston, WV. The chosen candidate must have reliable transportation to regularly attend work at the Huntington office location and other locations, as required.
The normal work week is Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Coalfield allows managers and employees to negotiate a flexible work schedule. Uncompensated overtime is infrequently required when necessary to meet critical deadlines or respond to emergencies.
Environment Conditions, Physical Activity, Physical Demands
- Extensive computer operation.
- Light lifting (up to 25 LBS with or without accommodation).
- Must be able to drive and work seated or standing at a desk and/or computer.
- Must be able to communicate with others to exchange communication.
Travel and Transportation Requirements
Candidates must provide reliable transportation to their primary work location. Coalfield has a limited fleet of vehicles and frequently carpools to minimize travel burdens on employees. Travel expenses (excluding commutes) may be reimbursed per Coalfield’s policies and procedures.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Higher education degree in an administrative field of study
- Business management experience
- Process Management experience
Coalfield Development Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Background or Drug Test
Candidates for this position will be required to pass a drug test as a condition of employment. Candidates for this position (will/will not) be required to have a background check as a condition of employment.