DIGITAL SALES DESIGNER
JOB POSTING for position at COALFIELD DEVELOPMENT, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
|Digital Sales Designer||SustainU®||January 9, 2019|
|Salary||$35,000/YR, Benefits Package, Paid Leave||SustainU® Director|
|DIRECT REPORTS||FLSA STATUS||STATUS|
How to Apply - Application Deadline is January 15, 2019
- Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top applicants will be invited to complete an application and provide three professional references.
- 2-3 applicants will be selected for an interview, with a final decision made as soon as possible after this step is complete.
SustainU® Clothing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coalfield Development Corporation, is seeking a creative individual for the position of Digital Sales Designer at their Morgantown, WV location. Digital Sales Designers will work with SustainU®'s newest technology, @Shirt. @Shirt allows visitors and fans to purchase unique, personalized t-shirts, in-venue or onsite, with home delivery. This interactive retail option allows venues to offer unique, noncompeting garments without risk of overstocking inventory or dated merchandise.
Individuals interested in this position must possess the appropriate expertise necessary to develop artwork using software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. This position will work with new and exciting technology that is trailblazing new categories in sports apparel. This is a perfect job for candidates that are interested in digital sales, graphic design, and new technology.
- Overseeing @Shirt Interactive Kiosk activations, developing creative concepts for professional sports and college apparel, working with teams/schools on promotional calendar for @Shirt Kiosk Activations, and graphic design for online stores.
- Undergoing training on CommandPoint to oversee @Shirt Activations remotely. Activations will happen during sporting events and in various times zones in the USA.
- Interacting with active @Shirt Kiosks and Text to Buy activations to update scores, winners, and other real time information.
- Working alongside the Director of SustainU and other Associate Directors in developing concepts that fit the aesthetic of SustainU’s line while adhering to Trademark/ Licensing standards of MLB and other entities.
- Dependability and professionalism a must as this position will interface directly with SustainU Customers and Clients.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Adobe Creative Software – Expert Level
- Comfortable in challenging, fluid, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must demonstrate entrepreneurial ability and willingness to build new systems from the ground up
- Patient and compassionate with people and challenges encountered in challenging socio-economic environments
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS in relevant field or 5 years’ experience
- Sales and Marketing Background ideal but not required
The Digital Sales Designer reports to the Director of SustainU®. Not responsible for direct supervision of any staff.
Work Location, Normal Working Hours, and Physical Environment
Coalfield’s offices are currently located in Wayne, Huntington, Morgantown, and Charleston, WV but remote office locations are negotiable.
- Primarily office environment or dedicated remote office.
- The normal work week is Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM. Coalfield allows managers and employees to negotiate a flexible work schedule. Uncompensated overtime is infrequently required when necessary to meet critical deadlines or respond to emergencies.
Travel and Transportation Requirements
Occasional travel between Charleston, Huntington, and Wayne, WV is required. Candidates must provide reliable transportation to their primary work location. Coalfield has a limited fleet of vehicles and frequently carpools to minimize travel burdens on employees. Travel expenses (excluding commutes) may be reimbursed per Coalfield’s policies and procedures.
WHO WE ARE
To support a family of social enterprises that inspire the courage to grow, the creativity to transform perceived liabilities into assets, and the community needed to cultivate real opportunity in Appalachia through mentorship, education, and employment.
Appalachian places and people unlocking their full potential, power, and purpose.
Together, we are rebuilding the Appalachian economy from the ground up!
Our Core Values
All employees are expected to exemplify our core values:
Our Core Capabilities
Community-Based Real Estate
We work with community groups, leaders, and partner organizations to develop mixed-use residential and commercial real estate projects with a social impact. Coalfield owns three rural multi-family housing properties and has an in-house construction crew.
Personal and Academic Development
Formally unemployed people (especially laid-off coal miners) are hired on to work crews that staff Coalfield’s social enterprises. These crews support a variety of community projects that create assets for local residents, communities, and businesses. Each week, Crew Members complete 33 hours of paid work, 6 credit hours of higher education, and 3 hours of personal development mentorship.
Develop and Incubate Social Enterprises
Coalfield incubates and grows a family of social enterprises in sectors it believes have the potential to diversify the regional economy and create good jobs. The enterprises we support measure their value according to our triple-bottom-line: people, planet, and profit. Coalfield also leads a business pitch contest and annual social enterprise conference to build a network of new and experienced entrepreneurs.
Our Family of Social Enterprises
Reclaim Appalachia converts mining-impacted lands in central Appalachia into sustainable economic development sites by tapping into the resiliency and work ethic of former coal miners and their communities.
Refresh Appalachia leads our region in sustainable agriculture initiatives by supporting farmers and producers to develop the local food economy. By providing training in farm and food entrepreneurship, Refresh Appalachia transforms the lives of young people and those displaced from the coal mining industry.
The West Edge Factory in Huntington, WV is a 96K sq. ft. building that had once employed over 1,000 people, but after closing, had sat in ruin for more than a decade. Coalfield has renovated the building over the years, developing it into a hub for its social enterprises, personal and academic development activities, and a creative space available to the community.
SustainU® is a licensee of Major League Baseball and manufactures sustainable apparel in Coalfield’s West Edge Factory. Our clothing production process saves millions of gallons of water and petroleum every year while reinvesting in new technology and equipment to rebuild the Appalachian economy from the ground up. SustainU is an industry leader and pioneer through its direct-to-consumer sales approach, interactive technology platforms, wholesale licensed products, and custom printing services.
Saw’s Edge Woodshop is a business and classroom where trainees learn fine woodworking techniques and visitors can learn alongside them.
Trout’s Hill Coffee and Cafe is a community-supported coffee shop in Wayne, WV.
Our Theory of Change and Guiding Strategies
Opportunity, willpower, and spirit are necessary to ending generational poverty. Real opportunities and lasting change cannot be simply provided; they are patiently cultivated. To achieve this, we simultaneously create new markets and the trained workforce to employ those markets. The main hook of our job training programs is that the work is paid, putting real wages in pockets. We insist on higher education because we value life-long learning. Measured mentorship represents the professional learning environment where we provide accountability and personal growth opportunities. In this way, we learn new skills by doing them on-the-job, as real employees of real businesses. We are not preparing people for the real world; we do business in the real world.
Coalfield Development Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Candidates may be required to pass a background check and/or drug test as a condition of employment.
NOTE: while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.